A gluten, soy, dairy, corn free cooking journey

My gluten, soy, dairy, corn free journey

Monday, April 4, 2011

The Great Movie Dilemma

In my very sick past,  a movie always went hand in hand with a big bowl of popcorn and a tall icy glass of coke. Little did I know that as I was enjoying my movie, the snacks were enjoying ME!

Of course, when I discovered their dastardly little plan I determined to never participate in this lopsided party again! Well.....I mean since Sunday when I discovered that yes, the caramel coloring in Mexican coke is corn based >sigh<, but I digress.

I had invited my little sisters over to watch Tangled and it just seemed so wrong somehow to watch a movie with nary a munchie in sight. So I got to thinking and ransacking my fridge, and came up with a snack to accommodate even the most choosy of stomachs.

I took mango, strawberries, raspberries and kiwi and blended them into an icy, frothy drink. Then I took banana slices and topped them with natural peanut butter and raisins. A fresh strawberry, apple slices and a gluten free brownie made with applesauce in place of oil (olive oil is too strong for baked goods in my opinion).

Lights, camera, action! :)


2 comments:

  1. My stomach sings at the thought of this snack. Way to tackle your problems with style!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was delish sis! Thanks for going to all the work to make it special. We enjoyed our girl's night very much. Sorry for falling asleep and drooling on the couch. ;)

    ReplyDelete